Community and Social Media Channel Manager (1 Year Contract)
MARKETING – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
You love mobile games, the players, and know what makes both of them tick.
As a Community and Social Media Channel Manager for one our our flagship products, you will work with the Community, Marketing and Game teams to execute on community campaigns, bring the voice of the community into the studio and find opportunities to grow engagement on owned and non-owned communities.
You are a digital native that intuitively understands the language and behavior of the connected player. You will need to be self-motivated and able to foster relationships across our passionate fanbase, communicating on a daily basis and able to adapt to the ever-changing requirements of the live service title.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for Community and Social Media Channel Manager to join us! As part of our Community team, you will take the lead on a flagship product. This role will be based in our Vancouver, BC office collaborating with remote teams in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX.
You will contribute by:
- Being the public-facing voice of the community, maintaining a consistent two-way dialogue between the players and the studio.
- Conduct active social listening to identify and leverage community trends as well as curate community-created content to highlight on all owned social media channels.
- Support the creation of regular community reports on channel and content performance.
- Execute established social media strategies, and participate in ongoing strategic development.
- Participate in community activities, streams, and content as a representative of Kabam.
- Assist in the execution of Marketing, PR and Community campaigns.
- Have a passion for engaging with fans on a daily basis, and be constantly looking for ways we can improve our communications with our players
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years managing social media channels, forums and developing content for major gaming (mobile or console), entertainment, or consumer brand.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Photoshop and video editing skills are a bonus.
- A passionate gamer.
Some of the soft skills required for this role:
- Natural collaborator.
- Big picture thinker.
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Highly effective communication skills and excellent diplomacy.
- Comfortable navigating the complexities of a large company with many teams.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.