Lead Gameplay Designer
GAME DESIGN – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You’re well-versed as a leader in the tenets of multiplayer action gameplay design. You’re ambitious, yet humble and eager to work with collaborative and diverse groups. You want to elevate the field of mobile game design and will improve Kabam’s design team as a whole.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate Lead Gameplay Designer to design and develop core action movement, combat, and AI gameplay for a new IP developed in-house.
This role will work with the Creative Director, Lead Designer, and the gameplay team on a compelling mobile multiplayer experience.
- Deep toolbox of gameplay mechanics
- Familiar with gameplay balancing w/ progression via a shipped multiplayer title
- You excite, inspire, and collaborate as a part of the gameplay strike team, get dirty to integrate great ideas
- You love prototyping and have the examples to prove it
- Familiar with co-op vs. competitive forms of multiplayer
- Blueprint and/or game logic scripting
Nice to have qualifications
- 5+ years working experience in console game development; experience shipping an action mobile game is a bonus.
- Experience authoring or contributing to AI logic and state machines
- A predilection for Nintendo-style gameplay
- Experience with Unreal
Apply and let's talk!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.