QA – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
You have a passion for mobile gaming and a love for development and testing. Along with your proactive work ethic, you have a team-oriented personality that will aid you in collaborating with the SE and QA groups to plan and develop new features, tools and technical fixes.
You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for integration of tools and automation into test planning and helping to execute testing methodologies.
Please note: This is a 6-month contract role, to start.
In this role, you will expect to:
- Contributes code to existing projects and lead development for small-scale tools in a self-managed manner
- Writes Technical Design Documents (TDD) for new tech and proposals
- Collaborate with the Central Tech team in developing new client-based, server-based features and tools
- Participate in code reviews
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improvement
- Help plan and support automated testing coverage in conjunction with Tech QA Analysts
- Reports bugs into JIRA, and manages communication of testing status
- Helps diagnose and categorize callstacks
- Identifies, analyzes and fixes bugs
- Provides input to the QA test plan for each release
- Manages relationships with both internal and external QA groups and offsite partners
- Works with Development and Production partners across multiple locations
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- 1-2 years experience working in software development
- Automation and/or tool development (of any scale) experience
- Technical Abilities: Ability to work in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Java, Python, C#, etc.)
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner with staff at all levels
- Collaboration: Collaborates effectively with others in the same discipline and cross-discipline as required
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.