Associate UX/UI Designer
UX DESIGN – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
The Kabam UX team is looking for a new teammate to join us on an exciting new project.
What are our Values?
Have Nerd Passion! - be curious, creative, enthusiastic, reasonably joyful, self-motivated and inspiring
Challenge assumptions - be an advocate for UX design and strive to understand our players
Put We-before-Me - collaborate, share your passions, and help build teamwork
Be a leader - take pride in your work, take initiative, and set an example
Why a UX & UI Designer?
Great question! Our team crafts both the user experience and interface designs for the titles we work on. We consider UI design to be part of UX design, and breakdown our work by feature. One UX designer is responsible for each feature, from the beginning to the end. This allows us to stay actively engaged with a project, while also focusing on a variety of interests throughout the development cycle.
What’s expected of me?
As a UX & UI designer, you have a good understanding of design principles and design thinking methodology. You are the type of person who loves to learn new things, whether it be software, design methods or simply how your newly-made friends work day-to-day. Although your leads will show you the ropes and help organize your tasks, you are proactive and seek out opportunities to help your team while contributing to the project. Having a leader-mentality is critical; you own your tasks, features, and overall project. You excel under pressure and find creative solutions to the problems at hand. Design process excites you, and collaborating with others is your second nature. You believe that honest and genuine communication is the main ingredient for success, and are happy to openly share feedback with others.
While you don’t need to be a hard-core mobile gamer, we do expect you to play the games that you work on, and understand the competitive landscape. After all, if you don’t know your product, you cannot design for it.
What would my day look like?
- Identifying and defining the goals and requirements of features, and assessing the impact of those features on other parts of your project
- Determining user-targets, creating user-flows and wireframes, and building annotated documentation
- Designing mockups and polishing the final product
- Engaging in and leading conversations with stakeholders to communicate your design solutions
- Learning and sharing best practices with the team
- Pro-actively finding ways to improve our games and processes
- Supporting other UX & UI designers - promoting collaboration and helping with any extra workload
What are the credentials?
- 2+ years of experience as a professional UI and/or UX designer
- Education background in a HCI, UX, or a communication design related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating effective user experience flows, wireframes and interaction design work
- Having an iterative design process that ensures the best solutions are deliveredAbility to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design solutions
- A passion for solving human-centered design challenges and graphic design communication problems
- Understanding of “free-to-play” business models, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetizationBeing an active gamer - experience working on mobile games is a plus!
- Bonus points if you have experience working with Unity
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.