Associate Quest Designer (2020)
GAME DESIGN – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
You find yourself dissecting level construction, encounter layouts, and reward systems. You’re highly intrigued by seeing how modifications you make to content change the “hows” and “whys” of player behaviour. You have a knack for storytelling and a passion for mobile games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Quest Designer to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and implementing quests, creating wonderful experiences for millions of players.
- Executing on a well-defined vision and goal, combining knowledge of level design, encounter design, and economy design to create experiences that entertain, serve an economic function, and condition player behaviour.
- Creating a variety of unique content types to reach a varied set of in-game and analytical goals, using creative design solutions both to meet intended targets and create fun for players.
- Working with the data team to follow up on the performance of quest content, to see if intent and goals were met, and effectively make tuning changes to accommodate gained knowledge and hit future targets.
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines on content creation, leveraging a variety of skills from the whole team to bring your quest vision to completion.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 1-2+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design.
- Familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms.
- Considerable experience with Marvel Contest of Champions’ economy, gameplay and social features is a must! (aka, play the game!).
- Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation and presentation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and related spreadsheet software.
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world alongside others that share your motivation.
- Narrative/Storytelling and Scripting skills a bonus!
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Please note that this a role we will be hiring for in Q1 of 2020, and hence, there may be some lag time in hearing back. We appreciate your patience and are excited to start the conversation.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.