Business Intelligence Analyst
FINANCE – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You thrive with unstructured executive requests that require you to be resourceful and agile. You enjoy BI projects that require conceptual thinking, critical reasoning, dealing with uncertainty and working with internal and external information to craft a compelling narrative that influences decisions.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team in Vancouver.
Written communication is an essential requirement for this role. Therefore, applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
- Using BI software, develop and maintain Finance BI systems and reports for Finance Dept and other business partners
- Seek relevant information, conduct analysis and present findings for tactical and strategic management problems: information may be financial or non-financial, internal or external, structured or unstructured, qualitative or quantitative
- Create business decision models and present findings to business partners on cross-functional projects. Business problems may have high degree of uncertainty -- in other words, no precedents or existing data
- Be the finance and analytical subject matter expert for business partners in game development, marketing and operations
- 2-5 years of similar experience working in a tech company of a medium to large size
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in business, finance, economics or a related discipline
- Working experience creating reports and dashboards with a BI software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Sisense or similar
- Working experience with SQL (intermediate level) to extract, manipulate and analyze data from complex data warehouses
- Working knowledge of business topics: financial statements and relationships between revenue and cost drivers, the impacts of decisions on revenue and profit; operations and development of software; marketing, especially digital marketing
- Business communication is essential: verbal, written and visual, adapt to the audience, build a compelling narrative and explain complexity simply
- Collaboration and relationship building with business partners, act as consultants providing subject matter expertise to their projects
Nice to have:
- Experience and/or industry knowledge of mobile gaming or mobile apps -- markets, digital advertising, competition, development phases
- CPA designation
- Experience with Tableau software and/or Sisense
- Experience working in Google Big Query
- Experience working with Google Cloud solutions, such as Sheets, Docs, Slides
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.