Editor (Player Support)
PLAYER RETENTION – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Editor to join our team and ensure the quality of our various written materials. In this role, you will play a key part in managing the reputation of our business by helping ensure that our communications adhere to company style. You will bring passion, creativity, and drive to a group that values teamwork, collaboration, and attention to detail. You should have experience with digital copy-writing best-practices.
You will contribute by:
- Preparing, re-writing, and editing written communication in order to improve upon it
- Reading copy to identify and correct errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax
- Ensuring all content adheres to our style guide as appropriate
- Ensuring content is effective for a global audience of players and business partners
- Acting as the final stamp of approval on all formal written communications that represent our company externally
- Mentoring and educating other team members who are responsible for written work
- Participating in various meetings to share your expertise in written communication
- Helping the Player Support leadership team visualize and articulate messaging and goals in a productive and engaging manner
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience
- 1+ years in a mentoring, coaching, or leadership role
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or a related field preferred
- Excellent command of the English language and understanding of the importance of avoiding idioms in global communication
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An expert-level user of Google Suite, especially the collaboration tools in Google Docs
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as those needed to make presentations, info-graphics, and other visualization models
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a high level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to form strong relationships with multiple sub-departments and stakeholders
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be a doer
- Exceptional team player
- Passion for mobile gaming a plus
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.