Senior Backend Engineer (2020)
ENGINEERING CT – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for backend systems design. You are laser focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Central Tech Department to support our Game Development teams.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Take ownership for features / backend systems (design, architect, implement, document, test, and support)
- Mentor and support other programmers
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as they arise
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with back-end/server-side technologies
- Strong database experience (MongoDB or any RDBMS)
- You have worked on a RESTful API system
- Experience in working in a team of 10+ engineers
- Good experience working with source control
It will be a plus if you also have:
- Experience dealing with scalability.
- Experience in Node.js.
- Experience in Unity3D, C#, and Redis.
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience in professional game production.
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes.
- An active Github profile.
- Experience in working in a team of 10+ engineers.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Please note that this a role we will be hiring for in Q1 of 2020, and hence, there may be some lag time in hearing back. We appreciate your patience and are excited to start the conversation.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.