Production Assistant (3 month contract)
PRODUCTION PM – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
You pride yourself on how meticulous and organized you are. You prefer to proactively identify potential issues just so you’re always ahead of the curve. As a Production Assistant, you will be working with the Producer and a team of talents across all disciplines to deliver new exciting features to a passionate fan base. You will be an embedded key member of the game development team, involved in helping drive the quality of game features and completing deliverables on time.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Production Assistant to join us! This is a 3 month contract with the potential for extension.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support other members of the production team, executing a variety of tasks related to the development of specific features; from concept to live production.
- Work with Lead Producer to establish and communicate the appropriate level of scope for a feature and target an appropriate milestone.
- Coordinate and collaborate with artists, engineers, designers, and QA to bring assigned tasks or features to completion.
- Communicate and drive the goal of a feature (as defined by Executive Producer / Design Lead) that supports the goal of the product and effectively guides the development team to success.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and product information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential product problems to Producers and Executive Producers.
- Other ad-hoc requirements may arise as needed.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Passion for video games; bonus points if you’re an avid player of free-to-play and/or mobile games. Interested in pursuing a career in project management/production in video games.
- Prior experience in a production environment in games, visual effects, or animation (or transferable experience)
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.