Generalist Game Engineer (Unreal Engine 4) - Senior Level
GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You are an Unreal Engine veteran, who will make an impact on our performance optimization to allow our AAA Premium games to perform amazingly on billions of devices around the world.
Kabam Austin is a new and growing studio of Kabam Group, and we are building the next entertain-the-world free-to-play mobile titles.
You will be collaborating with client and backend engineers, designers, and artists to build various game systems and to create a fantastic game. You also will be fascinated by the opportunity to learn new and different tech stacks; build and apply new technology when applicable.
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- Drive the game performance optimization includes profiling, memory, CPU, run-time, load-time.
- Work on game engine technologies, including object management, client/server replication, optimization, and more.
- Prototype and architect new ideas and concepts, collaborating with other developers.
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 internal code.
- Strong experience in Profiling on any game platform (Mobile, iOS, Android, PC, Consoles)
- Solid Knowledge in how to deal with platform/device specific issues
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Fluency in C++ programming language.
- Industry experience in game development, especially with multiplayer games.
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code from design requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Nice to have qualifications
- Experience with backend system and databases
- Extensive experience with mobile game performance profiling and tuning
- Experience with large scale automated testing environments
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.