Generalist Engineer (Unreal Engine 4)
GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
Kabam Austin is a new and growing studio of ~35 developers, and we’re building beautiful new free-to-play mobile titles.
You possess a strong technical background and a passion for making games. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gaming experiences for players.
You will be joining a team who thrive working in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other developers to build various game systems and to create a fantastic game.
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- Work on performance critical game and engine technologies, including object management, client/server replication, optimization, and more
- Prototype and architect new ideas and concepts, collaborating with other developers
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with mobile application development
- Fluency in C++ programming language
- Industry experience in game development, especially with multiplayer games.
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code from design requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Nice to have qualifications
- Experience with backend system and databases
- Extensive experience with mobile game performance profiling and tuning
- Experience with large scale automated testing environments
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.