Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
Working with both our Live Operations and Development teams, you will manage online services and bridge the relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them. You will be responsible to monitor, troubleshoot, tune and scale up our systems and services.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join us!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Practice engineering for reliability and availability of game services utilizing Cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with Live Operations and Engineering teams on game reliability issues
- Act as front-line dev-support in an on-call rotation for live game issues
- Monitor and improve server performance and health
- Be a Final Gatekeeper for code releases and hotfixes
- Troubleshoot for Root Causes for service outages and issues
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Object oriented programming (e.g. node.js, C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, NewRelic, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Stackdriver and CloudWatch
- Knowledge of distributed Database systems (MongoDB, Redis)
In addition, it is nice to have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong experience in dealing with applications at scale
- Back End / Server side software engineering experience
- Experience in working in a team of 10+
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working on a RESTful API system
- Experience with Source control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Experience in performance profiling
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.