FINANCE – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You are a strategic-minded financial business partner and are confident in your professional skills to help an organization achieve success. You are a natural relationship builder who can establish connections across all levels and disciplines. Most importantly, you inspire others to do great work.
Sounds like you? We invite you to read on…
We are looking for a Director, Finance who will be managing Kabam’s global accounting and verifying the integrity and accuracy of financial operations. In this role, you will be safeguarding organizational assets, developing efficient business processes, and maintaining effective internal controls to ensure statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives.
More specifically, you can expect to:
- Work alongside with the CFO to manage Kabam’s global accounting, transaction operations, corporate reporting and risk management.
- Direct and produce timely consolidated financial statements, manage external and statutory audits, and address various stakeholders’ financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain Company global accounting policies, practices and controls for compliance with IFRS and accounting best practices.
- Implement process improvements and changes to address evolving external reporting standards, new business requirements and support effective decision-making.
- Provide supportive leadership and inspirational mentorship to the Financial Reporting team.
To be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience, including 3+ years in the capacity of Controller and experience managing a team, preferably with public company.
- Designation in CPA or CA.
- In-depth working knowledge of IFRS and/or ASPE, Canadian and US tax laws and payroll administration with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Extensive financial reporting and consolidation experience in multi-currency environment.
- A highly organized and professional individual who is a strong advocate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Deliver accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Strong process and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and activities to meet tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Well-rounded thoughtful communicator who knows how to develop meaningful external and internal relationships in a fast-paced environment
In additional, it will be nice if you also have:
- Public company consolidation experience
- Experience with merger and acquisition
- Experience with transfer pricing, Canada/US cross-border taxation, and SR&ED or tax credit programs
- Experience working with a global parent company
- Experience with scoping, selection and implementation of an ERP/EPM system
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.