Senior Art Director
ART – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
We are looking for an Art Director to join our growing team. In this role, you will work directly as part of one of our game teams to help create the most engaging and rewarding product and visual experience for our players. Responsible for Art Direction and Vision for the game. The Game Art Director maintains visual targets and content consistency and drives high quality. This role teams with other Game Leads and the Executive Producer.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Be responsible for applying the Franchise Creative Direction to the content in the game
- Create visual targets and maintains the look and feel of all content within the game
- Maintain visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and the highest quality
- Manage the creation of art developed both internally and by third parties
- Clearly understand dependencies between own work and that of others across all areas and disciplines, and adapts work accordingly
- Develop and ensure quality assurance protocols for artwork
- Proactively ensure the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations
- Support the Creative Director to partner with marketing to expand the target demographic through limited driving of market trends
- Be responsible for critiquing content effectively; art reviews
- Provide direction and influence process concerning legal aspects of asset creation
- Tireless work mentoring and improving the level of the entire art team and the company as a whole
- You would be considered by all to be the important "go-to" person for input and feedback, the person whose opinion is actively sought out and always valued in the planning and feedback stages of a project
- Regularly participate in 1:1s with employees and in the staffing, recruitment, onboarding and performance review processes throughout the year.
Your background includes:
- 10+ years working in the gaming industry, with high-quality AAA products, experience establishing art guidelines and vision for projects.
- Advanced understanding of character, prop, world, and animation creation and can demonstrate/direct how these visually serve the project's gameplay, narrative, design and existing IP.
- Experience working with high-profile entertainment brands and IPs
- You’ve personally been an art liaison with key brand partners
- Highly collaborative with experience leading through influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effectively presenting and sharing information across the organization.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.