GAME ENGINEERING – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
Kabam is renowned for its high-end graphics and we think we can push it even further. For our next project, we are putting together a small strike team to build a gorgeous RPG and we are looking for a shifty graphics pro to help get us there. If you like to work in a small yet highly collaborative team, we have what you're looking for!
Small team with big plans - As the Graphics Programmer on our team you can expect to:
- Be responsible for the design, creation and maintenance of a state of the art graphics pipeline that makes the game look awesome now and in the future
- One key role is to collaborate with designers, artists and other team members on solutions that further our games’ artistic and design vision through impressive graphics
- Continue to learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems
- Plan for and optimize performance and memory usage
- Build and support tools and pipelines that improve the workflows of artists, designers, and other programmers
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of Unity 2019 and C# (C++ would be great but not necessary)
- Shipped multiple games (mobile and/or console) over last 5+ years
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love for working in small teams making games
It will be a Plus if you also have:
- A formal education from a recognized University or College Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Unity GUI or NGUI frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in performance profiling
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiar with tools like JIRA, Github/GitLab
- Can take hard slapshots, alternatively be the goalie
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Although we love talent from around the world, preferences will be given to Canadian citizens or individuals who hold a valid, open work permit in Canada. Local to Montreal is a plus.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.