GAME DESIGN – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, and/or gameplay systems for great action RPGs. You’re intrigued by seeing how the modifications you’ve made change the way people play. You see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Working on a new project, you’re excited by working cross-functionally, partnering closely with Engineers, Designers and others.
Kabam is looking for skilled Systems Designers to elevate our Design team on some exciting new projects.
We don’t just design games, we play them and love them, and are fans of the IP’s we work on.
As a Systems Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardryDeep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.