Senior Technical Project Manager
ENGINEERING CT – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You love working with teams to ensure they are focused, well organized and getting everything they need to deliver great work. You act as a force multiplier for the teams you help manage. You enjoy working with Engineers to help prioritize work, manage risks, and to create and optimize process. Most importantly, you enjoy supporting people to help create fantastic games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join us in our Central Technology Group
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create detailed schedules and capacity plans for CT domain areas
- Create progress reports including actuals vs. forecasts and project is trending.
- Mentor and advise project-assigned team PMs on tactics surrounding managing the schedule
- Identify and track risks and dependencies within CT domain areas
- Proactively identifies and resolves conflicts between schedule, staffing, technology and design objectives across multiple areas/disciplines.
- Execute Budget and resource tracking; coordinate on both
- Facilitate work as it moves through existing functional workflows and approval steps
- Interface with team members of a project to ensure everyone is focused on the right goals
- Communicate, monitor, and act on pre-release KPIs for product (e.g. number of bugs and lock dates, number of P1 issues)
- Understand the key business drivers and use this knowledge to focus on the project
- Manages career / performance of some staff
- Interact primarily at the team-member and lead level. Facilitates meetings and action items
- Provides or contribute to annual reviews and compensation planning. Has hiring and performance management responsibility for direct and indirect reports
- Accountable for project team capacity and health
- Direct experience facilitating all major game phases (e.g. concept, pre-production, production, live production)
- Model craft excellence. Apply direct experience to manage technical programs
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to establish and plan schedules and resource requirements based on project goals
- Identify dependencies and priorities between tasks in partnership with the project teams
- Monitor project progress within assigned budgets and manage any changes that impact the overall project schedule, budget and resources along with proper communication
- Ensure the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices
- Solve problems, balance priorities and create process to achieve desired results
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Support an environment where staff understand how their daily work contributes to the company’s goals
- Assist in developing roadmaps
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in gaming and software development industry
- 3+ years in a leadership role with strong people management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience setting up and running project management tools such as JIRA, and also comfortable using Excel to track, model and analyze resource allocation
- Service mentality
- Superb written and verbal communication skills paired with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills where sound decision making is based on both analysis and judgement
- High degree of initiative and the ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.