Campaign Marketing Associate - Marvel Brand (1 Year Contract)
MARKETING – Currently Hiring
Temporary Full-time (TFT)
We are Kabam. We are a global leader in mobile game development – and we create blockbuster mobile hits – some with marquee licensed IP partners including MARVEL’s CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS and TRANSFORMERS: FORGED TO FIGHT, and wholly-owned IP like the critically-acclaimed SHOP TITANS: CRAFT & BUILD. We have ambitious plans to grow over the next five years – and are looking for strategic, smart, creative, and courageous people to contribute to our team’s success.
At Kabam, the Marketing team is taking a major step-change forward in how we show up and contribute to the success of the company. We aspire to deliver the best work in the video game industry. To do that, we believe that marketing has to perform two fundamental roles:
- We have to show up early and often in product development with our studio partners and be equipped with impactful player and market insights to create an amazing experience for our players.
- We also pioneer and innovate in how we ignite conversation with fans across the world – around the product and brands that our players are passionate about – through compelling content, programs, partnership activations, and more.
As a Campaign Marketing Associate on Kabam’s Brand Marketing Team, you’ll work closely with the Game and Publishing teams to:
- Bring MARVEL REALM OF CHAMPIONS to market
- Provide ongoing marketing support after launch
- Support MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS continued growth
You have a passion for games, the world of pop culture and entertainment, are competitive by nature, and want to achieve winning results in a way that is respectful to our players and your teammates. You understand how to use data to inform and evaluate marketing efforts and keep up to date on the latest innovations in the mobile gaming industry. You have a passion for content marketing, understanding the importance of balancing great storytelling with effective campaigns that drive results.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Campaign Marketing Associate to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Planning and executing marketing initiatives against the larger Brand Marketing strategies
- Collaborating with development teams to ensure alignment between the product offering and optimization of marketing programs
- Contributing to and participate in licensor and partner relationships
- Managing the marketing roadmap for the product
- Building strong relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams within the Publishing and Game Development groups
- Developing comprehensive analyses and post mortem reports on Product Marketing campaigns, working with game analysts and BI teams to interpret and report on results
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the competition and market trends, collaborating with Consumer Insights to inform marketing projects
- Identifying best practices and techniques both inside and outside the social-gaming industry
- Working with external partners to coordinate campaigns, analyze shared results and manage select partnerships
- Knowing your product inside and out, keeping up to date on the game development roadmap, new features, content release schedule, etc
Your background includes:
- 1-2 Years of experience in the consumer-facing product marketing function of a company, preferably in digital entertainment products (mobile games, console games, online/PC games, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Strong project management experience including organizational skills, scheduling, and the ability to multitask
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills - copywriting experience a plus
- Passion for consumer entertainment and gamesSelf-starter/entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in the day to day office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word – familiarity with Wordpress, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro is a plus
- Experience developing strong working relationships with cross-functional teams in multiple studios/locations
- Experience working with external partners and licensors, following strict brand rules and guidelines
Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Marketing, this role works within a highly collaborative environment working closely with Publishing peers, game development teams, and marketing teammates to help bring your campaigns to life.
Sound like fun? Feel like it’s the right fit for you and for us? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.