Lead Game Designer
GAME DESIGN – Currently Hiring /
Regular Full-time (RFT)
Kabam is looking for a Lead Designer to lead the charge on an exciting new project! A natural leader, you’re ambitious yet humble and eager to work with a collaborative and diverse group across multiple sites. You’re not afraid to get hands-on in inspiring a team towards greatness and see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby.
Elevating our design team as whole, you’ll bring in new ideas, iterate among colleagues and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to innovate and iterate player-focused design.
As a Lead Designer, you will:
- Work interdisciplinary among two sites to lead the charge on a new project for Kabam
- Mentor and grow a team of curious and highly skilled game designers, advocating for growth, ownership and self-leadership
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of game design and production experience on commercially successful properties
- Experience leading a game team, preferably across multiple sites
- An inherent desire to solve exciting and challenging problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.