Security Operations Specialist
IT – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
You will support Security Operations for Kabam, in accordance with Kabams policies, and will work as part of a team responsible for operational cybersecurity across all of Kabam technology organizations.
You will report to the VP of Operations. As a Security Operations Specialist, this position will be responsible for security incident response, Vulnerability management (VMS), data loss prevention (DLP), log monitoring, digital forensics, penetration testing, network monitoring, log management, anti-malware, and threat assessment.
Other responsibilities may include management of virtual private networks, firewalls, backup/recovery systems, authentication, and encryption.
This position is often required to be accessible via phone when not in the office and have Internet access to perform certain work duties from home; after hours and weekend work for maintenance may be required; other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful at this role, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education
- Experience in information technology, information security, cybersecurity, digital forensics, or other relevant fields
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in cybersecurity or security operations roles
- Experience in Cloud Server and Application
- Extensive knowledge of computer security concepts, procedures
- Best practices for security operations, including incident response, threat management, and log analysis
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Log aggregation technologies and vulnerability management experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800 series (e.g., NIST 800-53, NIST 800-63, and NIST 800-171), and other regulatory and legislative authorities
In addition, it is nice to have:
- Experience with Spirion/Identify Finder, Splunk, Tenable/Nessus
- Experience with Service Now, CIS Benchmarks, Sophos; computer imaging and data recovery processes automation and scripting; Syslog
- Linux & Windows systems administration
- Authentication (including multifactor) and encryption systems
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA or other relevant security certification
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.