Senior Manager, Campaign Marketing
MARKETING – Currently Hiring
Regular Full-time (RFT)
We are Kabam. We are a global leader in mobile game development – and we create blockbuster mobile hits – some with marquee licensed IP partners including MARVEL CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS and TRANSFORMERS: FORGED TO FIGHT, and wholly-owned IP like the critically-acclaimed SHOP TITANS: CRAFT & BUILD. We have ambitious plans to grow over the next five years – and are looking for strategic, smart, creative, and courageous people to contribute to our team’s success.
At Kabam, the Marketing team aspires to deliver the best work in the video game industry. To do that, we believe that marketing has to perform two fundamental roles:
- We have to show up early and often in product development with our studio partners and be equipped with impactful player and market insights to create an amazing experience for our players.
- We need to pioneer and innovate in how we ignite conversation with fans across the world – around the product and brands that our players are passionate about – through compelling content, programs, partnership activations, and more.
We are always looking for engaging, enthusiastic, accountable, and player-centric marketing leaders to help get us to the next level of marketing performance.
As the Campaign Marketing - Senior Manager for New IP on Kabam’s Brand Marketing Team, you’ll work closely with your peers in Marketing, Product Development, Publishing, and external licensors and vendors to articulate foundational player insights, craft our go-to-market campaign strategies, and orchestrate the go-to-market plan and activations.
You have a passion for games, the world of pop culture and entertainment, are competitive by nature, and want to achieve winning results in a way that is respectful to our players and your teammates. You understand how to use data to inform and evaluate marketing efforts and keep up to date on the latest innovations in the mobile gaming industry. You have a thirst for player, consumer, and market insights that guide brand, product, and marketing campaign strategy – that in turn unlocks the best work from cross functional teams who follow your playbook. You are a student of marketing, and understand the importance of creating great content and mapping that to the right channel distribution to drive results. You understand and relish the importance of great storytelling – and can take complex business, product, player, and brand insights transforming them into actionable steps to inspire your teammates to do their best work.
You will contribute by:
- Showing Up Early in the Product Development Process.
- Reporting to either the VP Marketing or the Director of Brand New IP.
- Developing Marketing Campaign strategy based on key player/ consumer insights that fuel a framework for how to go-to-market.
- Partnering with Consumer Insights and Product Development to understand product concept, feature, and market asset appeal to various target audience segments.
- Planning and executing marketing initiatives against the larger Business and Brand Goals.
- Contributing to Brand Strategy for New IP including Brand Vision, Brand Promise, Brand Emotional and Functional Benefits, Brand Voice, and Brand Muse.
- Orchestrating the GTM brief and plan.
- Collaborating with development teams - especially Live Operations - to ensure alignment between the product offering and optimization of marketing programs.
- Support Brand lead in authoring the Go-to-Market Strategy Brief.
- Orchestrate coordinated cross functional efforts as we bring marketing plans and activations to market.
- Provide day-to-day brand and marketing leadership, guard-rails, and guidance to expert, innovative, and passionate cross-functional groups that are tasked with bringing your franchise products to market.
- Being the day-to-day marketing activation leader on your franchise.
- Building strong relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams within the Publishing and Game Development groups
- Being the Brand/ Franchise Ambassador who represents the go-to-market brief and plan with key external partners including licensors.
- Day-today management of franchise licensor and partner relationships
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the competition and market trends, collaborating with Consumer Insights to inform marketing projects
- Working with Finance and CFX partners to manage annual marketing budgets.
- Partner with Business Development and successfully represent your brands with 1st party partners.
Your background includes:
- Strong product marketing/marketing generalist background and success track record.
- 5+ years in a marketing management/ supervisory function.
- Experience in product marketing or marketing activation - coordinating plans.
- Experience in fast-paced, launch-centric entertainment industries like video games.
- Experience in live operations/ subscription/ evergreen content services.
- Strong background in developing product launch strategy and plans from the ground up – supported by market and consumer insights - and achieving successful in-market results.
- Successful track record in partnership with product development or R&D to create great products or services.
- A mix of having worked on licensed IP and non-licensed IP.
- Experience working with external partners and licensors.
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills.
- Experience in galvanizing peer and partner groups around product launch strategy.
- An enthusiastic and empowering peer group leader.
- A positive energy teammate who contributes to team-centered goals and success.
- A developer of strong working relationships with cross-functional teams in multiple geographic locations.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management experience including organizational skills, scheduling, and the ability to multitask.
- Self-starter, proactive problem solver, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills: Powerpoint presentations, Excel, concise Word docs.
- Must have a passion for video games. Must actively play games on mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.