New York, NY /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses:
Kaia is tackling one of the biggest health problems in the US by treating chronic pain with evidence-based digital therapeutics offered through health plans and employers. One of the key demands from our customers is to work closer with medical providers and facilitate meaningful interactions between providers and Kaia users. We are looking for an experienced product manager who tackles the mission of making our partnerships and customer relationships successful and helps us provide better care for our users. You’ll be operating in an autonomous product team to deliver on concrete OKR’s. We are an established team of product managers, designers and engineers who value personal growth and coaching. As a member of a fast-growing organization you have the opportunity to build scalable processes, structures and platforms for the years to come. This position reports to the VP product.
Defining product strategy:
- Research and define the needs of our customers and users in a structured way by applying user research and customer discovery methodologies.
- Work with senior leadership to define the vision, strategy and roadmap to build a scalable product which fulfills our customers needs and works for the business.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders from inside the organization to align on business strategy and market opportunities.
Define structured and implementable product increments:
- Create clear product hypotheses in accordance with product strategy and vision apply discovery techniques in collaboration with our UX testers.
- Brainstorm and create ideal UX flows with our talented designers.
- Coordinate the implementation process by tightly collaborating with engineering leads to ship high quality software.
Execute experiments and generate learnings:
- Create and execute rigorous product tests.
- Analyze outcomes of product experiments and releases and iteratively improve our products and platforms.
- Communicate & market product releases both with internal teams and external partners.
We are looking for somebody who has:
- done it before: show us how you have built or shaped a digital product as a product manager before, ideally in a B2B2C context
- proficiency in a PM's stack: Recognizing user & customer needs, analyzing and visualizing data, writing specs & tickets, communicating clearly & listen carefully, creating roadmaps, managing feature releases, motivating and guiding a development team
- strong quantitative skills and analytical mindset with academic training
- a strong understanding of technical concepts and how modern software is developed
- an eye for detail but also the big picture in mind
- high EQ and excellent communication skills
Ideally you also have:
- previously setup or led a strong product team before
- experience in working in a healthcare setting or being exposed to medical regulations
- experience with some of the following tools / methodologies: JIRA, Looker, Confluence, Trello, Design Thinking, Customer Discovery, UX Design
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- can cope well with the level of ambiguity that is inherent to a startup
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.