(Intern / Working Student) Android Engineer
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious student who has previous experience in Android development, is excited about our mission, and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Actively participate in product design, feature specification, and iteration within a cross-functional team
- Own the implementation of individual features and contribute to bigger ones (you are expected to release to production in your first two weeks)
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development using Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience in rapid prototyping, an eye for design, and a natural empathy for the user
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused team, and actively participate in the design of future features and iterations
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
- You are available 16-20 hours per week (and potentially more during semester breaks)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with.
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.