Investor Relations Specialist
New York, NY /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We’re looking for a specialist who can work closely with our Founder on Investor relations and strategy. The specialist will serve as a primary contact for the investment community and will be responsible for executing the internal IR function. This role requires a self-starter with demonstrated experience working with institutional investors and managing financial analysis for equities. Reporting directly to our Founder and CEO, the specialist will work closely with all members of leadership.
About this role:
- Manage Kaia’s investor relation strategy, including developing and executing on investing plan and budget.
- Gather information on potential investors and manage engagement during capital raises
- Thoroughly understand the use of confidentiality and discretion when sharing information with different stakeholders
- Process transaction requests
- Prepare investor updates and board presentations
- Collaborate across departments to ensure a consistent corporate image is presented to analysts, institutional investors, individual shareholders, media and all external parties
- Work closely with CFO and VP of finance to model financial statements
- Review and analyze reports from competitive financial analysis and aggregate information from various financial data sources
- Compile data, forms and documents for us of CEO during meetings and discussions with investors
- Bachelor’s degree with background in finance
- 3+ years of investor relations experience
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to model financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience at a tech start-up preferred
What you will love about working at Kaia. We live our values and how we interact as people is important to us. Our company culture is defined by our six key values:
1. We help each other to deliver the best results.
2. We excel at execution.
3. We are owners.
4. We always put our users first.
5. We dive deep into topics to find the best solutions.
6. We are eager to learn and have an impact.
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.