Head of QA
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Quality for our Technology Platform Engineering organization to build and grow our QA team and strategy.
You are responsible for all aspects of QA, including processes, software testing (functional and non-functional), QM controls implementation in a Mobile, Web and Machine Learning software engineering environment.
The role encompasses:
- Build and develop the QA team, manage the team performance to ensure quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Build and implement our global QA strategy, create performance reports for the measurement and further development of key performance indicators to achieve Kaia’s goals.
- Designing and executing product quality processes across multiple cross-functional product teams spanning software engineering, ML / computer vision, content creation (audio, text, video), and customer support.
- Be responsible for coaching and mentoring your team, developing learning goals and supporting the personal development of your team members.
- Collaborate with Head of QM to implement QM process controls and ensure Kaia’s product compliance
- Partner with other leaders across the business – especially engineering and product – to ensure constant feedback on the QA strategy for the best impact on our clients, and for our team members
- Manage the staffing, growth, and development of Kaia’s QA Team to consistently overdeliver on Kaia’s commitments to our clients, and to our team members
- 5+ years of QA experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- You have strong leadership skills, and are eager to grow and mentor your team, you are a fast learner and eager to “dive into the deep end”, consistently managing multiple internal and external-facing projects at once.
- Willingness to get hands dirty, asks what needs to be done and has the mindset of a servant leader.
- Experience building and successfully implementing a QA strategy for Mobile and Web products.
- Hands-on experience with QA automation, CI/CD tools, and testing frameworks implementation in software engineering teams.
- Demonstrated experience of attracting, hiring, enabling and developing stellar talent.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mind, driven by impact, and willingness to get her/his hands dirty where needed.
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to connect with people, inspire them, and create intrinsic motivation to execute against ambitious goals in a sustainable way.
- Academic background, preferably with academic training in Science & Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to concisely transfer information in written and spoken English.
Ideally you also have:
- Experience building and growing a QA organization in an agile and fast growing startup.
- Understanding of fundamental machine learning concepts to an extend that you are able to develop a QA strategy for machine learning / computer vision based products.
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.