Head of Customer Success
New York, NY /
Customer Success /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for an accomplished and enthusiastic Head of Customer Success for our musculoskeletal business, which serves our patients via self-insured employers (SIEs) and health plans. Reporting to the Head of Sales, this individual will collaborate with our SIE and health plan partners to implement and execute on our client commitments. These commitments are to improve patient outcomes across pain level and other clinical and lifestyle parameters, and to thus reduce healthcare costs for our clients.
You are responsible for all aspects of customer success, including implementation, engagement within client populations, ongoing client relations, term renewals, and within-client growth, as well as responsibility for the Kaia Customer Success Team.
As Kaia’s Customer Success leader, you will:
- Manage the staffing, growth, and development of Kaia’s Customer Success Team to consistently overdeliver on Kaia’s commitments to our clients, and to our team members
- Be responsible for Kaia’s portfolio of SIE, health plan, and channel partnerships and their long-term success. This includes:
- Executing on and refining Kaia’s Customer Success processes, which begin with the Sales handoff and client implementation and include member eligibility, member engagement, and regular outcomes reporting
- Evolving metrics and milestones to measure the success of partnerships and routinely reporting on progress
- Ensuring Kaia delivers value in year 1 while also positioning Kaia for renewal and/or coverage expansion, from end to end
- Embedding the Kaia product portfolio into our clients’ overall health solution landscape, so there is seamless collaboration between Kaia and other client ecosystem partners
- Creating positive references and case studies among current clients, in collaboration with Sales and Marketing
- Ensuring appropriate collection, triage, and within-Kaia transmission of client feedback to further product development
- Overseeing regular business reviews with executive partners on performance against the Quadruple aim, including detailed economic reviews
- Serving as a key contact for our team engaging with senior client leaders
- Collaborating with Kaia Health subject matter experts to identify and incorporate best-in-class clinical, operational, marketing strategies to support Customer Success
- Partner with Kaia Health and Commercial leadership to develop and hone overall growth and operational strategy, including by:
- Co-developing, with the Head of Sales, standardized tools that can be applied across all risk-bearing partners, including contract, implementation, and renewal frameworks
- Formulating best practices learned from Kaia’s customer portfolio and ensure best practices are being utilized with all clients
- As the most senior “voice of the customer,” being a crucial liaison between multiple Kaia teams, including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Product
- Influencing product development to delight our customers and teamIterating on the Kaia value story and contributing to evolution of product and company performance metrics
Within the Kaia organization we expect you to:
- Own our relationship with existing clients and partners, end-to-end
- Own all within-client outcomes reporting, including engagement, satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and ROI (health economic outcomes)
- Consolidate customer (B2B) feedback and present findings to Kaia leadership
- Serve as the “customer’s voice” within the Kaia organization
- You have done it before: 10-15 years of experience in digital health managing client relationships, with an emphasis on at-risk entities such as SIEs and health plans
- You have a strong understanding of healthcare, and of chronic disease management
- You have a deep understanding of the key stakeholders in healthcare ecosystem (payors, providers, patients), how they work, and how they interrelate
- Proficiency in implementing and supporting major application packages in or outside of the healthcare industry with a proven track record of successful clinical and business relationships
- You are excited to pioneer processes and interoperability of digital health platforms in the healthcare ecosystemExperience with leading edge practices, tools, and technology as well as working in a highly regulated environmentYou have exceptional interpersonal skills, enabling easy collaboration with multiple functional teams
- You have strong leadership skills, and are eager to grow and mentor your teamYou are a fast learner and eager to “dive into the deep end”, consistently managing multiple internal and external-facing projects at once
You'll fit in with Kaia's company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.