VP Product (New York)
New York, NY /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
As Kaia’s VP of product you are leading Kaia’s product team and empower the product organization to frame and successfully implement the product strategy. As a key executive you are shaping our business and product strategy and drive the vision of making best in class therapy available to everyone. This role reports to the head of product. The role spans over the 3 main areas of team development, product strategy & vision as well as execution.
- Directly managing all current and future product managers within the Kaia organization
- Helping your team reach the next level by being a sparring partner and coach.
- Setting structures and frameworks for career growth for product team members.
- Proactively planning future organizational structure of the team, identifying gaps and closing these by hiring outstanding new candidates.
Product Strategy & Vision
- Co-developing the product strategy and vision with the head of product and the kaia management team.
- Ensuring product teams are always working on the most important topics to match the product strategy to the business strategy.
- Diving deep into critical topics and ensuring the vision is implemented on all levels.
- Implementing best practices in product planning, discovery and product development process and consistently improve existing processes.
- Align product teams internally and with adjacent teams to ensure a common user experience and aligned direction in implementing the product strategy.
- Sets standards for product work within Kaia and ensures best practices are thought of implemented.
- You have done it before: 10+ years of experience in product management and substantial experience in a leadership role with proven track-record in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing and coaching multiple direct reports simultaneously
- You have a very clear idea and vision how cross-functional product teams collaborate best and know how to articulate it
- Recognizing and developing strengths of people in various disciplines comes natural to you
- You don’t shy away from working hands-on on the most critical tasks when necessary
- Empathy with customers and team members is your strength
- You believe in data-driven decisions and know how to ask the right questions
- Based in New York or Munich (or willing to relocate)
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.