Head of Sales
New York, NY /
Sales & Operations /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
A successful candidate for our Head of Sales role is someone who is strategic, a quick thinker and problem solver. A strong network in healthcare is a plus and it is important to have a good track record of closing deals, generating leads, and pitching new clients. This candidate is a team player both externally and internally and someone who manages relationships well. This candidate will also head up all commercial business aspects including internal processes, recruiting and interacting with technology and product teams.
The role responsibilities include:
- Manage the sales team with a focus on self-insured employers, channel partners, benefits consultants, and health plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of sales development and of sales OKR achievement, ensuring Kaia’s product can reach as many end users as possible.
- Responsible for coordinating with Marketing and Customer Success, as well as other internal resources, to drive sales objectives.
- Maintain and optimize all sales collateral, including decks, contracts, assets, and documentation such as key objections and answers. Ensure continuous uniformity of process across the sales team and communication of optimizations and changes·
- Build processes around metric reporting for analysis and review at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain processes for documentation on key processes, policies and training.
- Be a key player in the annual planning cycle for organization, together with Senior Leadership, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Anticipate opportunities for improvement in the sales process and implement action plans.
- Recruiting, training & leading a best-in-class Sales Team.
- Ability to prioritize, establish timelines and support incoming needs
- 10 years of sales leadership experience, 5 years of those being in a leadership position.
- Previous enterprise level healthcare startup experience is a plus.
- Passionate and energetic with growth mindset.
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good at multitasking while not losing attention to detail.
- Extremely mission driven, i.e. really want to help millions of patients to lead a healthier life
- MBA preferred
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of $ 1200 per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.