Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a financial controller to join our finance team. As a financial controller at Kaia Health, you will be responsible for supervising the bookkeeping and reporting processes, as well as analysing the reports.
The role encompasses:
- Coordination of monthly financial reports and variance analyses
- Solid monitoring & forecasting of the Profit & Loss, Cash-Flow and Balance Sheet Statements and to apply the results in clear forecasting (monthly & quarterly & yearly)
- Consolidation of international entities (Germany and US) and the proper control of the necessary chart of accounts to apply right accounting and tax reports
- Continuous development and improvement of the reporting system, as well as controlling and accounting tools/processes for accounting and commercial finance
- Understanding credit terms and supporting optimisation where needed
- Supporting the management with ad-hoc reporting
- Assisting in large internal projects with controlling needs
- Supporting tax reporting for German and US tax reports
- Helping to set sales driven KPIs, targets and OKRs to ensure operational efficiency on a company level and tracking the results
- You are the intersection between financial accounting and other finance roles to ensure efficient use of financial resources and monitoring the budget
What you need for this position:
- Solid German and English speaking skills
- A deep understanding of core accounting principles (GAAP/IFRS)
- You are able to understand the analytics and data of a company and you can translate trends and numbers into actionable recommendations for management
- You understand the difference between cash and accrual accounting and you can prepare the company’s books and financial reports under accrual accounting
- At least four years of relevant experience in the role and field
- Being able to illustrate results for C-level presentations, and good communication skills with various stakeholders to improve results
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines with a focus on Controlling and Accounting
- The ability to understand Kaia’s business model and what the company needs to scale
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company with high pressure
- Very good Excel know-how
Ideally you also have:
- Experience at a tech or healthcare company
- Some start-up experience
- Experience with Quickbooks and DATEV or any other known accounting software tools
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.