Senior iOS Engineer, Therapy Delivery / AI Lab
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses:
- You will join our Therapy Delivery / AI Lab team - a cross-functional product engineering team. The team is building the core therapy experience (physiotherapy, patient education, relaxation & mental health) that ultimately yields pain reduction for our patients and drives ROI for our customers. The core metric of this team is retention.
- You will actively participate in discovery & concept work together with other engineers, PM, UX-ers, data analysts, medical doctors to provide a better therapy experience to our users.
- You will work towards integrating “Motion Coach” deeper into the Kaia therapy experience and extending our Motion Coach library.
- You will work with the latest technologies such as SwiftUI and Kotlin Multiplatform on projects which follow best practice design and architecture patterns.
- You will prototype and build new features, update existing ones, fix bugs, and write tests.
- We are scaling up our engineering organization, and you will help evolve our mobile apps & libraries and engineering practices to support the growth. We welcome new ideas and feedback.
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development using Swift.
- Strong software architecture skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices.
- Ability to write robust and performant multi-threaded code and ideally previous experience with GCD and CoreGraphics.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused, self-managed team, and actively participate in the design of future features and iterations.
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies and ideally you have a high-level conceptual understanding of machine learning.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
You'll fit in with our culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.