Product Manager - AI Lab (Munich / New York / Remote)
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses:
One strategic pillar in our product is the development of deep learning-based technologies such as our motion coach (patent-pending) to increase the therapy effectiveness and objectively assess disease progression with digital biomarkers. As this technology is maturing we are looking for a seasoned product manager to improve the user experience in an iterative approach. You’ll be operating in a cross-functional and autonomous product team as a product manager to define product strategy and deliver on it. This position reports to the Head of Product.
We will start interviewing for this role in July 2020.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Discover and define our product strategy:
- Work with senior leadership to define the vision, strategy and roadmap for our AI products
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders from inside the organization to align on business strategy and market opportunities while balancing different needs
- Research and define the needs of our users and partners in a structured way by applying proven user research methodologies and collaborating with our user researcher
- Define structured and implementable features:
- Create clear product hypothesis in accordance with product strategy and vision
- Brainstorm and create ideal UX flows with our talented designers
- Specify features and write clear user stories in collaboration with tech leads to define and prioritize implementation blocks for engineering
- Deliver features and move the needle:
- Create and execute rigorous product tests to further enhance the users' experience
- Analyze outcomes of product experiments, systematize learnings and share them effectively with the organization
- Communicate & market product releases both internally and externally
- You will be the third product manager in our rapidly growing product team. In this role you will have the responsibility over the whole lifecycle of our AI products and ensure their scalability and usability for the years to come.
We are looking for somebody who has:
- done it before: 2+ years of experience in building or largely shaping a consumer-facing product
- Proficiency in a PM's stack: Recognizing user needs, analyzing and visualizing data, writing specs & tickets, communicating clearly & listening carefully, creating roadmaps, managing feature releases, motivating and guiding a development team
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical mindset with academic training
- A strong understanding of technical concepts and how modern software is developed
- An eye for detail while keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally in English (German is a plus)
Ideally you also have:
- Experience in solving problems in the healthcare system or being exposed to medical regulations
- A basic conceptual understanding of machine learning
- Experience in working in a healthcare setting or being exposed to medical regulations
- The willingness and legal requirements to work in our office in Munich or in New York City (non-remote work is preferred)
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the best possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Can cope well with the level of ambiguity that is inherent to a growing company
What you will love about working at Kaia
- We really live our company culture and values.
- We are an essential business: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other firms simply because they really wanted to improve the world and not just talk about it.
- We care about our employees: we want you to be able to organise yourself and get re-energized when needed. That's why we have flexible remote working and vacation policies.
- We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries.
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined.
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora).
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times.
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year.
- Free drinks, team events and knowledge sharing sessions.