UX Designer (Munich/New York/Remote)
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses:
As a UX Designer at Kaia, your main responsibility is to drive the product design process through its different iterative stages. Thereby, you work in close collaboration with our product teams, product managers and stakeholders to thoroughly understand the underlying problem-, opportunity- and solution spaces and to inform your UX design work respectively. You will work directly on Kaia’s design direction for mobile and web, guide the product teams towards effective and stimulating product solutions, and uplevel our processes in an environment that values and understands good UX research and design. This position reports directly to the head of user experience.
- shape the product strategy together with our product managers and drive its implementation in collaboration with our cross-functional product teams.
- drive the iterative design process of product features from end-to-end, incl. ideation, sketching, low- & high fidelity prototyping, user testing, and final UI design.
- make human-centered design decisions informed by data, brand positioning, and user research.
- bring consistency of visual language to all our platforms and products while considering the specificity of the environment.
- research and observe the impact of your work in the real world, and use that input to constantly improve our products.
- help to establish a user-centered design culture within the company.
- You have strong experience working along iterative design processes in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy collaborating and working in a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team.
- You know how to effectively collaborate with UX researchers to transform user insights into product features/concepts that facilitate delightful user experiences.
- You are able to take effective short-cuts to help the team launch MVPs quickly, and test hypotheses to inform further iterations.
- You know how to effectively collaborate other design roles (illustrators, content creators, copy writers, etc) towards an all-comprehensive user experience.
- You have an impressive portfolio showcasing both conceptual interaction design work as well as a clear understanding of typography, simplicity and visual design.
- You are skilled in cross-platform design matters (iOS, Android, Web, email).
- You have very good English skills with an ability to articulate in both written and spoken language.
Ideally you also have
- some understanding of German.
- expert understanding of Figma, or similar design tools (Sketch/Zeplin, etc)
- an understanding of the healthcare industry and being exposed to medical regulations.
- experience with Health Tech, Motion Tracking and/or AI.
- Additional skills in illustrations, video/audio editing, front-end development, animation, photography or icon design.
You'll fit in with our company culture if you
- are user-centric and view technology as a tool to improve human life.
- have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place, so starting somewhere, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the way to go.
- strive to be articulate and humble, accepting that being sometimes wrong is part of the process.
- are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible. Further, you strive for simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Directly shape the future of digital health
- Work with serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Professional development opportunities with a 1’200€ yearly budget
- An office in the heart of Munich and Williamsburg/NY