Bookkeeper/Accountant - 1 year fixed-term position, with prospect of permanent employment
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
About the role:
We are looking for a Bookkeeper latest in April 2021 to join our finance team. As a financial accountant at Kaia Health, you will be responsible for processing of all accounting transactions, booking and account assignment of incoming and outgoing invoices and general administrative tasks.
The role encompasses:
- You will be responsible for credit control, overseeing accounts payables and receivables.
- Responsibility for invoice management to ensure that invoices are properly prepared, complete and correct so that they can be paid on time and booked correctly.
- Owning the bank and account reconciliation process to make sure that records are correct. This includes monitoring feeds from software and adding any manual input that is required to maintain an accurate record of financial transactions.
- You will be responsible for cash management ensuring that payments are made in a timely and correct manner and work closely with the key account management team for any customer related processes.
- You will take over general administrative tasks in the area of finance and accounting.
- Taking care of payroll activities and processing payroll data, working closely with the HR department for any employee related processes.
- Supporting the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements according to HGB.
- Provision of data, support and coordination of external audits.
- Preparation of advance VAT returns and cooperation with tax consultants on tax related tasks.
- You will be the primary contact for any questions regarding bookings, invoices and financial statements and an ongoing exchange within the finance department will help to have our books in order.
What you need for this position:
- Successfully completed commercial accounting training (kaufmännische Ausbildung), supplemented by further training as a financial accountant and at least 2 years of professional experience in financial accounting.
- Good accounting knowledge of HGB - knowledge of IFRS and US-GAAP is a plus
- Understanding accounting best practices
- You are familiar with DATEV and big plus if you know any additional accounting and HR tools and software
- Good knowledge of MS-Office, proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail, producing work with a high level of accuracy
- Independent and structured way of working
- High degree of conscientiousness, dedication and team spirit
- Fluent German (minimum C1 level) and English (minimum B2.2) language skills
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organisation before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.