Senior Product Quality Architect
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a driven, experienced product quality architect who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Designing and executing product quality processes across multiple cross-functional product teams spanning software engineering, ML / computer vision, content creation (audio, text, video), and customer support.
- Identify the root cause of issues down to a first-order, technical level and design preventive measures spanning organizational setup, incentive structures, engineering workflows, tooling, etc.
- Keeping an overview of quality efforts and steering test selection (manual & automated tests) across the entire organization and all technical platforms (iOS, Android, Ruby Backend, Python Backend, ML)
- Establishing holistic measures to express end user quality perception
- Building a product quality team and embedding it into the organizational setup and working modes
- Educating the entire organization on product quality best practices and help them implement them
- Proactively identifying and pragmatically fixing what’s broken
- Previous experience driving product quality in a 40+ people strong product engineering organization with short release cycles and a cross-functional working mode
- Very strong understanding & intuition for how the emergence of bugs in software products is influenced by human psychology, organizational setup, incentivization structure, and engineering workflows.
- Very strong analytical, systems- and process thinking
- Willingness to get hands dirty, asks what needs to be done and has the mindset of a servant leader
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently, idiomatically, and in a highly structured way
- Ability to communicate with engineers (backend, mobile, ML) about technical aspects and ability to dive deep if necessary to understand and influence first order mechanics
- Experience working with mobile products and ideally experience with mobile testing frameworks
- Academic background, preferably with academic training in Science & Engineering
Ideally you also have (optional):
- Experience with measuring and ensuring quality of ML / computer vision models and ML datasets
- Experience with ensuring quality of a high volume of content (written text, audio, video)
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library