Senior Android Engineer, Provider Integration
New York, NY /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses
- You will join our new “Provider Integration” team - a cross-functional, autonomous product engineering team. The team will work on facilitating meaningful interactions between medical providers and Kaia users. The work that the team will do has high strategic priority and impact.
- You will actively participate in discovery & concept work together with other engineers, PM, UX-ers, data analysts, medical doctors.
- You will prototype and build new features, update existing ones, fix bugs, and write tests.
- We are scaling up our engineering organization, and you will help evolve our mobile apps and engineering practices to support the growth. We welcome new ideas and feedback.
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development using Java or Kotlin (we use Kotlin)
- Strong software architecture skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused, self-managed team, and actively participate in the design of future features and iterations
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
You'll fit in with our culture if you
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.