Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are now building up an additional engineering hub in Lisbon and are looking for driven engineers to join our team.
The role encompasses:
- Actively participate in product development and iteration within a cross-functional team by participating in concept work and driving implementation
- Further develop our Ruby on Rails digital therapeutics platform by driving architectural decisions based on product vision to make it ready for new features, a growing user base, and multiple disease apps (back pain, knee/hip pain, COPD, and more)
- Mentor team members and help them grow personally and professionally
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Strong software architecture & data modelling skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices
- Strong engineering background, preferably with academic training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness and ability to work in a cross-functional, product-focused team, and the ability to actively participate in the conceptualisation of future features
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Ideally you also have:
- DevOps experience using Docker, Terraform, Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with.
- We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imaginedWork with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.