Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Analytics team and own our analytics data architecture. You will collaborate with the rest of the Analytics team and company stakeholders (such as product, UX, sales, marketing, medical, etc) to identify data needs and solve them to support insights that inform key business decisions.
As part of the Analytics team, you will:
- Maintain and evolve our analytics data architecture
- Handle our data pipeline from Ingestion to Storage
- Align with our Data Analysts and other stakeholders throughout the organization on data needs and implement them
- Work with our analysts and Product teams to strive for impact for our users
- Own our event tracking platform (Snowplow in Spark-EMR setup)
- Be the guardian of data quality
- Work with engineering teams to define and implement new tracking events across all platforms
- Ensure interpretability of core data elements
- Own data modelling and data lineage across all data stores and tools
- Ensure data from different sources are connected in the right way to ensure tracking across media breaks correctly and allow for attribution
We are looking for somebody who has:
- 3+ years experience in a Data Engineer or comparable role
- Experience in setting up and maintaining (cloud-based) data collections/DWHs including data modeling
- Experience in building and optimizing (cloud-based) data pipelines
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with granular event tracking including the necessary cross-company alignment
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A passion for solving puzzles without knowing the picture
Ideally you also:
- Have a strong interest in healthcare and health technology
- Possess previous experience using AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda, AWS S3, AWS EMR and/or Snowplow
- Are familiar with privacy and security standards like HIPAA or GDPR
- Have experience working in a DevOps environment
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.