Senior Business Recruiter
New York, NY /
Human Resources /
Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
The role encompasses:
- Proactively source, recruit, engage, and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for all open positions for assigned departments
- Manage recruiting logistics, such as securing interviewers, scheduling candidates and onboarding to deliver on a great candidate experience
- Perform in depth interviews for potential hires. This will include analyzing skill set, cultural fit and compensation expectations
- Sourcing: Identify and target passive candidates that could meet the current and future hiring needs
- Developing a best practices environment for conducting research and finding new sourcing methods to create innovative search strategies
- Leverage social media, multiple network sources, online tools, industry relationships, and community involvement to identify top talent
- Promote Kaia's brand through creative applications online and offline
- Have bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of full cycle recruitment experience (ideally within a startup environment)
- Experience with Lever a plus
- Have high attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and organizational skills
- Are a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Can think creatively, strategically, and operationally with a commercial mindset
- Able to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude with a a “build, test, learn, and iterate” approach to problem solving
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and are team player
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of $ 1200 per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.