New York, NY /
Human Resources /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
The role encompasses:
- Design, implement, and deliver an effective talent strategy to source and attract the highest caliber talent to support our company strategy
- Manage recruiting logistics, such as securing interviewers, scheduling candidates and onboarding to deliver on a great candidate experience
- Perform in depth interviews for potential hires. This will include analyzing skill set, cultural fit and compensation expectations
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their key initiatives and projects, evaluate talent needs, and contribute ideas, solutions and tools for constantly evolving our recruiting practices
- Assist with HR Administration tasks, as well as in ad-hoc HR projects
- Design and execute initiatives and processes to retain top talent, such as performance reviews, career paths and compensation
- Have bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience in recruitment (full lifecycle recruitment experience, at least 2 years in-house)
- Experience in a fast growth environment, scaling from a team of 10 to 100+
- Have high attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and organizational skills
- Are a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Can think creatively, strategically, and operationally with a commercial mindset
- Able to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude with a a “build, test, learn, and iterate” approach to problem solving
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and are team player
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of $ 1200 per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.