IT Support Engineer
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for a driven, experienced technical support engineer who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build an efficient business environment with cutting edge tech enabling our teams to build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Be central point of contact for IT support to all Kaianeers and own the IT support processes
- Own and improve IT purchasing processes for software (including license management) and hardware and their internal inventory
- Implement new business tools, maintain and monitor the performance of existing tools, SaaS solutions and hardware (company laptops, network devices and printers), supporting day-to-day business
- Implement and maintain established Kaia security baseline requirements on internal software, hardware and network infrastructure including user account management, security configuration, system reliability and availability
- Innovate on and improve current technology used by all employees, or team-specific, for day-to-day business operations to constantly improve efficiency, productivity and collaboration
- Develop a knowledge base and train staff on using these technologies within the company
- Support CISO in implementing technical security and operational requirements throughout the organization
- Participate in internal and external tech webinars related to your role, seek training on new technologies and share your existing knowledge with us!
- 3+ years of experience in IT Support and similar roles
- You are a strong system administrator with deep technical and administrative knowledge of operating systems (Windows and MacOS), VPN solutions, various SaaS Collaboration platforms (preferably GSuite), and business applications like Jira, Confluence, etc.
- You find ways to automate your workflows as much as possible using existing and new tools and technologiesYou are an excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Fluent written and spoken English and German.
- You have a “can-do” and service-oriented attitude
- You possess strong analytical skills to investigate and resolve customer support tickets
- You are able to work with cutting edge technology and assimilate information rapidly
Ideally you also have:
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure environment such as AWS
- Experience in providing support in a distributed global team environment
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (i.e. Python)
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.