Senior DevOps Engineer
New York, NY /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our Technology Platform Engineering team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Kaia Health, you will be working closely with the software engineering teams to design, build and run Kaia’s applications.
As Kaia's Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Elicit infrastructure requirements by taking into account technical constraints, customer constraints, and regulatory obligations
- Build self service solutions so all teams at Kaia can easily deploy, maintain or monitor applications and micro services.
- Automate and scale up our infrastructure on AWS
- Own up-time metrics, resilience, and security of our production environment
- Monitor and maintain our server setup and keep software up-to-date
- 3+ years of practical experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent field Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting highly-available and distributed software in AWS
- Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting Docker containers
- Solid container orchestration skills
- Fully proficient in at least one programming language such as Python.
- Solid experience in automation and Infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform
- Experience with networking, IT security and databases
- Strong engineering background with academic training (B. Sc.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong English writing skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Ideally you also have:
- Understanding of machine learning concepts or first practical experience
- Experience deploying Ruby on Rails and Python applications
- Experience deploying multi-container Docker environments with AWS Elastic Beanstalk / AWS ECS
You'll fit in with Kaia's company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.