Director of Market Access Europe (Remote)
Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, set out on a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need in order to live their best lives.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors such as Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital. We are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care; Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for exceptional talent to join our journey. With over 150 “Kaianeers” spread across the globe, we need now, more than ever, specialized talent to help take our mission further.
The regulatory landscape for digital therapeutics in the EU and especially Germany has shifted dramatically and opened up new opportunities to reach chronic disease patients and establish digital therapeutics in clinical environments. We are looking for driven individuals to join our medical affairs team and contribute to our market access efforts in Germany. As one of the first digital therapeutics in the markets and with the largest patient basis, we can build on our unique strengths in technology leadership and industry-leading clinical evidence.
The role concretely entails:
- Leads, develops and implements Market Access strategies & activities to ensure success of KAIA´s digital products in Germany
- Works closely with the cross-functional team to develop and execute for listing, pricing and reimbursement strategy in other European countries
- Establishes a plan to secure, sustain and optimize pricing, access and reimbursement
- Is the main contact person for regulatory authorities and institutions in Germany
- Delivers value proposition and educates national payer stakeholders on the disease, the product and economic benefit of digital health care in Europe
- Prepares talking points and communication strategy for business development team and external partners to engage with payor stakeholders
- Works closely with our clinical research department to inform clinical study roadmap from regulatory and reimbursement perspective
- Collaborates with VP Medical Affairs Europe to ensure consistency and works closely with Medical Affairs and Marketing
Within the first 6-12 months, the following things will be imperative for success
- deeply analyze Kaia’s products, the underlying technologies and the clinical evidence to form compelling messages for medical stakeholders
- analyze the needs and problems of key stakeholders and partners in the markets and form a deep understanding of what moves them
- create a segmentation of potential stakeholders to approach and a structured approach for connecting with them
- partner up with functional and cross-functional internal stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in market access or regulatory department in Germany and preferably in European projects
- has led successful dialogues and negotiations with key stakeholders and individuals from HTA in Germany (e.g. G-BA, BfArM or GKV-SV) in the past
- is creative, flexible, but also hands-on without shying back from rolling up sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints
- communicates exceptionally verbally and visually
- has proficient qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- speaks German and English with an ability to articulate in both written and spoken language.
Ideally you also have
- established connections to key regulatory stakeholders in the field of pneumology and musculoskeletal diseases in Germany
- familiarity with healthcare marketing regulations, especially the “Heilmittelwerbegesetz” in Germany
- experience with Health Tech and/or AI and building clear medical strategies around it
You'll fit in with our company culture if you
- are user-centric and view technology as a tool to improve human quality of life
- have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place, so starting somewhere, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the way to go
- strive to be articulate and humble, accepting that being sometimes wrong is part of the process
- are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible. Further, you strive for simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment, a strong growth opportunity, and a great place to work, we’re excited to consider your application.
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.