Munich, Germany /
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our first product is a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone. In the near future, we will release digital therapies for COPD, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 400,000 users. We have raised a total of $50 million from investors like Optum Ventures, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions.
Summary of Role:
We are now looking for a QA Engineer to help streamline and automate our QA and QM processes, and continue shipping at high quality as we scale our engineering organization.
The role encompasses:
- Act as a full member of a dedicated, cross-functional product team, participate in the full feature development process, and develop a thorough understanding of the product.
- Own QA and QM in your product team, write and maintain test cases & test scenarios, execute all stages of testing, and build automation with the help of the Engineers.
- Enable your team to ship high quality features on time by proactively identifying issues early, prioritizing them based on user impact, and helping to resolve them.
- Collaborate with the QA Engineers from other teams to improve our QA processes and QA strategy to make the quality of the product measurable, integrate more test automation, and ultimately increase the product quality.
- QM representative to ensure compliance with the requirements of the QM system and automate such compliance in term of measurement, evidence gathering and reporting.
- 3+ years of experience in QA in a software development environmentExperience with testing mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, Appium, Espresso, XCTest, ect.) and CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, ect.).
- Experience with Agile QA process implementation in a fast growing company
- Fully proficient in at least one programming language such as Python.
- You have strong analytical skills, are very structured, and a fast learner.
- Hands-on experience with different testing methods and techniques (functional, smoke, regression, sanity, blackbox, ...).
- Thorough understanding of client-server architecture and interaction, basic knowledge of databases, version control systems, agile methodology, general programming principles.
- Ability to analyze and trace issues across the whole stack (client, server, database, infrastructure, configuration/content) and document them in a way that they can be reproduced easily.
- Good communication skills and ability to concisely transfer information in written and spoken English
Ideally you also have:
- Experience with crowd-testing services (Applause, Testbirds, etc.)
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.