Backend / Infrastructure Engineer
Boston, MA /
Engineering Team /
At Project KaleidoGlobe, we take pride in maintaining an environment that helps realize the greatest potential in our engineers. Our open roles reflect our philosophy that engineers should have the freedom to focus on the tasks for which they are most passionate - solving unique and challenging technical problems. We are also strong proponents of mentorship and peer learning, and a large part of our day-to-day involves sharing knowledge with one another and exploring better ways to solve meaningful problems. It is our goal for every engineer to become smarter than she was yesterday with everyday she spends with us. Engineers at KaleidoGlobe are resourceful and carry high standards. We seek to develop technologies that not only address market demand, but are also robust and scalable. Our communication with one another is open, honest, and efficient, and our working style is collaborative, supportive, and transparent.
As a Backend/Infrastructure Engineer at KaleidoGlobe, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves working on a variety of systems for wrangling data and making it available and useful for other teams in KaleidoGlobe. You think deeply about the implications, relationships, edge cases, and failure modes, and you are passionate about correctness, uptime, and stability.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain APIs that communicate with distributed workers and microservices.
- Container orchestration, zero-downtime deployments and migrations using Kubernetes on AWS.
- Maintaining and optimizing distributed full-text search services.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers and data engineers to create scalable data-intensive applications.
What We Look For
- Desire to build and maintain scalable cloud-native infrastructure for data-intensive applications
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns, especially in the context of concurrent systems
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Being a team player: thoughtful and collaborative
To Be Top 10%
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 1-2 Years of relevant backend/infrastructure experience
- Major technical contributor at a top 10 software company
- Open source projects show innovation and initiative
- Research, publications, and patents
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Python, Flask, Celery, Redis
- Apache Solr
- Apache Spark
Why Work with Us?
- Unique startup at the intersection of applied research and business intelligence
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- B2B company with opportunity to work alongside C-level client executives and technical experts
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Competitive salary for equivalent roles at established companies
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored events
- Please ensure that you have all necessary documents pertaining to work authorization in the U.S.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.