Junior Front End Engineer
Boston, MA /
Engineering Team /
At Project KaleidoGlobe, we take pride in maintaining an environment that helps realize the greatest potential in our engineers. Our open roles reflect our philosophy that engineers have the freedom to focus on the tasks for which they are most passionate - solving unique and challenging technical problems. We are also strong proponents of mentorship and peer learning, and a large part of our day-to-day involves sharing knowledge with one another and exploring better ways to solve meaningful problems. It is our goal for every engineer to become smarter than s/he was yesterday with everyday s/he spends with us. Engineers at KaleidoGlobe are resourceful and carry high standards. We seek to develop technologies that not only address market demand, but are also robust and scalable. Our communication with one another is open, honest, and efficient, and our work style is collaborative, supportive, and transparent.
As a Junior Front End Engineer, you will be a key member of the Engineering Team, developing core product interfaces powered by our machine learning algorithms and natural language processing technology. You will partner with product managers and other engineers to realize our collective vision of an intuitive and effective solution for extracting insight from a sea of information.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with design and product to build functional and intuitive product experiences
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Invest in making our UI platform scalable and our teams productive
What We Look For
- Deep knowledge of front-end build tools for validation, transpilation, and bundling (ESLlint, webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying a single-page application for public use
- Experience developing and maintaining SaaS products
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
To Be Top 10%
- Strong understanding of UX and Design fundamentals
- Experience with d3.js
- Expertise in tuning web performance
- Knowledge of web serving architecture (e.g. CDNs, caching, load balancers)
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, and Jest
Why Work with Us?
- Unique startup at the intersection of applied research and business intelligence
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- B2B company with opportunity to work alongside C-level client executives and technical experts
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Competitive salary for equivalent roles at established companies
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored events
- Please ensure that you have all necessary documents pertaining to work authorization in the U.S.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.