Senior UX Designer
Kalo is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Product Designer to join our fast growing Creative Team. As a Product Designer at Kalo you’ll be involved in the entire end to end of a project from taking a brief and brainstorming ideas with your multidisciplinary crew through to pixel perfect delivery. You’ll be required to utilise different areas of design and UX from information architecture, user flow diagrams, wire framing, user testing through to production ready features with go to market consideration. You’ll own the user experience in your area and help us come up with new and innovative ideas for the wider product.
Kalo's is design led (after all, our CEO is a designer!!) and you would be joining the team at an unbelievably exciting time in our growth so get prepared to hit the ground running.
This role will give you the chance to learn from amazing people and give you the opportunity to help shape our product used by some of the best brands on the planet. The design team is at the epi-centre of Kalo and will give you the opportunity to work with multiple teams on many different projects.
- Working with teams across the company to inform design decisions and clearly communicate this to your crew
- Lead the design on your crew goal
- Work with our Senior Designer and Head of Product to help shape the future of our product
- Plan and manage your own workload
- Conduct regular design/feature reviews with our Sales and Customer Success teams to drive the vision
- Work with the Product Manager to prioritise the work against our roadmap and business needs
- Work closely with Engineering to think about ‘how’ we deliver the vision
- Attention to detail
- The ability to take an idea from concept through to delivering something valuable to our users
- A flexible and positive approach to work
- Happy to work with feedback to help improve design and UX standards
- The ability to communicate well and represent design throughout the company.
- We often present our crew work to the whole company.Being able to think beyond just ‘visuals’, ‘what should we be building’
- Be a team player
- Empathy for our end users, always be considering their needs against our business requirements
- Someone who enjoys socialising with their colleagues and contributing to the office culture
- 6-10 years experience
- Prototyping tools (to include marvel/invision)
- Good understanding of development including HTML and CSS
- Previous experience taking a concept through to delivery (UX and UI), we want to see examples of how you delivered on the end goal so sketches, flows etc
- Experience working on app development
At Kalo, we believe that work as we know it is undergoing a profound change. Every day, people around the world are getting things done on more flexible, more dynamic, more variable, and more distributed terms. Our mission is to enable this shift to flexible work, by empowering companies and individuals to work together in new ways. In 2015, we launched our solution to let companies easily onboard, manage, talk with, and pay their external workers. Since then, a range of of companies from internet to fashion -- including Netflix, Asos, IDEO and AirBnB -- have been able to throw away their tangle of spreadsheets and invoice emails, and work together with their freelancer and vendor teams in a clean, beautiful experience. Our own team at Kalo is just getting started.
Located in London and San Francisco, we are super excited about the opportunity ahead of us. We take our work very seriously, but we never take ourselves too seriously. We love teaming up on hard problems without much guidance, and we don’t believe in titles. Messing up is OK, especially if there’s a funny story to go with it.