Senior UX Designer
Kalo is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior UX Designer to join our fast growing Product Team. As a Senior UX Designer at Kalo you’ll work in a collaborative team of Engineers, Product Managers and UI Engineers to help build the world's first freelancer management platform.
Kalo is design led (after all our CEO was a designer at Google) and you would be joining the team at an exciting time in our growth so get prepared to hit the ground running.
The design team is at the epicentre of Kalo and you’ll get the chance to make a big impact on the product and team, contributing to the design vision.
- Identify UX requirements; develop user models, design and prototype new features and product for user testing.
- Conduct and own quantitative and qualitative research and user testing.
- Use your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Produce scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, and interactive prototypes needed to communicate design visions and detailed requirements.
- Present to customers, business owners, and upper management.
- Assist the engineering team throughout feature implementation.
- Communicate results from testing and research to help drive product decisions at a team level and at a business level.
- Support your team in delivering a well researched and data driven solution.
What we’re looking for
- You’re a UX Designer that enjoys research and getting stuck into data but also appreciates well implemented designs.
- You’re collaborative and see the value of working in a multifaceted team made up of design, engineering and product management.
- You are great at translating data into something understandable and compelling for engineers, stakeholders and to the wider business.
- You have a passion for design and are a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- You love working closely with our customers on research and testing.
- You can evaluate user needs against business needs
- 5-8 years experience
- Hands-on experience with prototyping tools (to include axure/sketch/invision)
What we're offering
- 💰 Generous salary
- 🤑 Meaningful equity packages
- 💻 The ability to choose your own work kit
- 🏝 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- 🏡 Relaxed working environment - we have an office with communal lunches provided, drinks, snacks and regular celebratory cakes but we appreciate that at times that's not the place where you'll do your best work. When this happens we offer ample opportunity to work at your own happy place. We have a number of full time and part time remote workers and are always open at discussing what works best for our team.
- 👐 An open and supportive product culture - all views are considered, all team members have opportunities to have their voices heard and anything that is clearly not working for us we look at ways to improve (or just remove) to ensure we spend our time working on the problems that provide the most value to the company
- 🎉 Regular social events - and a team boxing class each week (boxing is optional)
- 😌 Monthly wellness grant
- 👵👴 Contribution based pension
- ✈️ International company travel opportunities and offsites (last year we all went to Lake Tahoe for a long weekend)