Head of Finance
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As our first dedicated Finance hire, you'll be an integral member of our Finance team in building systems from the ground up to support us as our business scales rapidly. You’ll partner across departments to create a culture of collaboration between the Finance team and business owners.
- Prepare financial reports, compile financial statements, and ensure general compliance.
- Key contributor to the monthly & quarterly close process; prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, GL entries, budgeting and bank reconciliations.
- Play a critical role in the preparation of materials for internal & external review and audits.
- Deliver timely internal and external reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist with annual and other tax return requests; prepare tax schedules and answer tax inquiries.
- Implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures.
- Recognize business leverage of financial data and metrics to measure results and devise strategies for improvements.
- Execute on ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Background with Big 4 Accounting firm and relevant reporting experience preferred.
- SaaS experience a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to present findings in concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of key concepts such as US GAAP, Accrual Accounting & ASC 606.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.