San Diego /
Finance & Accounting /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
Kandji is looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee and support the daily functions within our Finance & Accounting team. This role is an exciting opportunity to help build a world-class accounting function with a primary focus on leading and driving the vision of timely month-end close reporting and balance sheet reconciliations.
This position will manage the general ledger team and assist in the development and continual improvement of Kandji’s accounting function. The successful candidate will execute Kandji’s world-class vision of financial reporting, streamlined/automated financial systems, IPO readiness, and support Kandji’s rapid growth.
This is a hybrid role, working up to 3 days in the office and the remaining days remotely.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Manage the general ledger accounting team
- Manage the month, quarter and year-end close procedures; approval of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of non-order to cash accounts including - cash and cash equivalents, prepaid expenses and other assets, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and other liabilities, leases, operating expenses, stock-based compensation expense, other income/expense;
- Analyze GL accounts and financial statement line item trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Approve bills and payments, develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies for accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Support business initiatives, drive process improvements, system enhancements, and implement best practices;
- Ensure that there are appropriate controls that mitigate financial statement risks
- Establish accounting policies and leading practices to adapt to changes in our business and to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance
- Manage the development and documentation of business workflows and accounting policies, controls and procedures over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Continual improvement and implementation of workflow and automation (as appropriate) of financial systems and processes
- Coordinate and assist in annual financial audits and federal income tax filings
- Assist in technical research and drafting of memos where applicable
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Accounting designation (CPA preferred) or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Background in public accounting is strongly preferred, Big 4 public accounting a plus
- 6+ years of experience in a fast paced environment with managerial experience
- Broad knowledge of advanced accounting principles, accounting systems, analytical functions, internal controls, and monthly close processes
- Possesses a continuous growth mindset, high sense of urgency, and a strong desire for excellence
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have excellent Excel skills