Senior DevOps Engineer
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to build and scale the infrastructure powering our platform. You’ll have the opportunity to use cutting edge AWS technologies to manage our production infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, and tooling. We care a lot about making sure Kandji is performant and free of bugs for our end users. We want to work with exceptional engineers, who get bored at large companies. We are made up of small teams that move fast.
- Support our increasing customer volume by scaling up our infrastructure.
- Build automation, tools, and processes for other engineers to be able to confidently test and deploy to production.
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity.
- Mentor others with your expertise and learn from the team about cutting edge technologies.
- Collaborate with exceptional team members located in San Diego.
- Prior experience building and managing large scale infrastructure for web apps on AWS, and using web servers like Nginx.
- You have extensive knowledge of test frameworks like Selenium and pytest, and you’ve managed large scale test infrastructure before.
- You’ve written code in Python.
- You’ve set up and used monitoring tools like CloudWatch and New Relic.
- You’ve composed infrastructure as code using OpsWorks, Chef, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- You’ve managed and scaled database clusters like MongoDB before.
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Bonus: Experience with compliance and security practices (patch management, vulnerability management, enterprise key management)
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan + company matching
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.