Sales Development Representative
Kandji is a venture-backed software startup headquartered in downtown San Diego. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands. Existing solutions were either overly simplistic or mind-numbingly complex and didn’t meet the needs of today's organizations. We knew there had to be a better way — so we built Kandji. Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
How You’ll Contribute
You’ll have the opportunity to go from zero to running your own desk in 8-12 months by following an established successful process combined with weekly coaching.
By setting quality meetings with businesses across the country and working with our marketing department on special projects, you'll play an integral role in building our sales pipeline and our business!
In your role as an Apple-obsessed Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Kandji, you will spend each day setting meetings for our sales team while learning the skills necessary to become a successful Account Executive (AE).
Skills You’ll Bring
- 1+ years of experience in a competitive, fast-paced (preferably customer-facing) role.
- An interest in building or accelerating your sales career. We promote from within!
- Proven initiative and a competitive drive.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections.
- Bonus: Experience working with Apple technology.
- Develop new business opportunities by cold calling a curated list of prospective clients to expand our clientele across all markets.
- Responsible for achieving daily activity requirements through outbound prospective client contact.
- Responsible to source 75%+ of your own pipeline.
- Own the sales process for medium and large new logo customers from first contact, discovery call, to appointment set (in addition to any specific follow up requested by the Account Executive assigned).
- Become an expert on both the Kandji platform and the industry, enabling you to have consultative and strategic sales-related conversations with prospects.
- Report to Head of Sales daily in order to maintain open lines of communication about current prospective clients.
- Expert, not academic.
- Confident, not cocky.
- Approachable, not playful.
Who You Are
- If you are driven, curious, coachable, and intelligent, you can find success in this role.
- Because of our hyper-focus on serving businesses deploying Apple devices, we are looking for an Apple-obsessed addition to the team.
- Authenticity will be paramount to your success in this role, and being able to exude the passion that you bring to this space will help you meet your prospective clients where they are at.
- We know that the best way for our clients to make the most of their Apple investment is to ensure their people are getting the most out of their Apple devices.
- This resonates with you, because of how familiar you are with the space, and because you understand our clients’ business needs.
- This will allow you to facilitate conversations that enable us to engineer the most appropriate solutions for our clients.
- Bonus points if you have sales experience, and/or have a history of working within a fast-paced, customer-facing environment, using and/or servicing Apple devices.
Why You're Important to Us
- By cold calling businesses across the country and effectively pitching our platform, you’ll play an integral role in building our sales pipeline and our business!
- For your contribution, we offer a competitive uncapped commission structure plus base salary with huge earning potential, regular offsite team events, and professional career growth.
Within 90 Days
- You’ll learn to prospect, cold call, and establish the value of our platform.
- You’ll start working cold leads both from campaigns generated by our marketing department and from generating leads yourself.
- Learn to build rapport, qualify opportunities, and find your prospects' needs.
- You’ll demonstrate mastery of skills at this level by exceeding quota for two months in a row.
- Learn to tell a great story, tie benefits to pain, and use content to sell.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan + company matching.
- Generous Parental Leave policy.
- Flexible vacation policy and 11 company holidays.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.