Senior Design Researcher
San Francisco /
Product Design /
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
Kandji is growing fast and we’re building an in-house Product Design and Research team from the ground up. You’ll play a central role in developing research strategies that deliver actionable insights using qualitative and quantitative methods to deliver the next-generation Kandji products and features across the web, macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. We're seeking a Senior Design Researcher who is proactive and unafraid to own our research process, scope and craft research plans, conduct sessions, and deliver insights to business stakeholders. You’ll also get to help shape the Product Design and Research team culture that is founded on passion, support, and fun.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Conduct independent qualitative and quantitative research on multiple aspects of products and customer experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through in-depth interviews, surveys, benchmark studies, online experiments, and user analytics.
- Work with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and GTM teams to prioritize and lead research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and weave business and complex technical requirements into research.
- Be a big picture thinker – connect the dots as part of a larger system, work with other Design Leads to ensure you are all in alignment about overall goals and priorities.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences within the company both verbally and in writing.
- Contribute to and positively shape the team’s and company’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- BA/BS in Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors Engineering, Information Science, Social Sciences, or in a related field.
- 3+ years experience leading research projects
- Experience with research design using various methods in both generative and evaluative research for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct a variety of research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with outstanding interpersonal skills in interviewing and interacting with a wide variety of users and customers as well as internal team members.
- An excellent communicator and cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a dynamic sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You have a growth mindset, are naturally curious, analytical and possess an ability to uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.